Arx Hereticus

Welcome to the ramblings of a merry heretic, an ex-pat (Tex-pat?) American living in Maryland after having spent six years in Germany. Arx Hereticus is part travelogue, part cooking, part budo, part socio-political commentary and mostly just me BSing.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Quick update from home


Just a quick post from home (Yay for Home!).

First off: I slept the best sleep of several weeks last night. Almost 12 hours, too.

Yesterday, I found myself wandering around the house, making sure I could navigate between the couch and coffee table, around the kitchen, etc. And I found myself checking the clock to see what appointment it was I felt like I was missing.

And at this time, a few words from Misty, who's crawling in my lap and trying to get on the keyboard ...

nlvcohe;l, pm pfvu dsfvml;kn.

That's Cat for: "He's Home! He's Home!"

Hey, nobody ever said cats could type.

HW has made the house more welcoming for her crutch-beladen Heretic, and we're sort of re-establishing our orbits, albeit on some slightly different planes.

For instance, I can get downstairs in the morning and make coffee, but haven't yet figure out how to take a cup back up to her. She's gonna have to fetch her own coffee for a while ...

She's puttering around the kitchen right now, getting things together to make a Mexi-garden omelette. Mmmmm!

Although I DO miss my nice honey and broetchen breakfasts at the Reha Zentrum!

More later ... thanks for all the kind words, well wishes and sweet comments.

I've included a post-op pic above. Here are a couple that are NOT for the squeamish:

2 days post op, with stitches, IV and drains in place

1 week post op

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

WILCOMEN!! Let's here it for the LOEP and his new hip. Hugs to da both a yas from the brooklynbudobabe

6:01 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hurray!!!
Chucker is back home, and ready to scare all the little students. Remember, just because there is a dojo in your basement, and you can get there, you don't need to train yet.


Really.


Honest.

You CAN survive a few more weeks without budo training.

Love and Hugs from the whole Boylan clan

9:41 PM  
Blogger Carolus Hereticus said...

Heya,

Thanks for the good thoughts, guys. I'll probably observe and make snide comments on the mat, but won't be playing for a while. Though, I can navigate pretty well on one crutch, so I could probably swing a bokuto ...

Hip's stronger and better every day. We took a nice walk yesterday around the neighborhood, and the main problem's more my hands getting tired from the crutches than my hip itself.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Bokken be damned, I figure you'll have a crutch kata figured out within the week !

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home